Our client is a global organisation employing a diverse and talented workforce around the world. They are an iconic multinational technology company delivering market leading products and solutions to the defence, security and cyber sectors. They are focused on developing the very best and most innovative products and services to provide to their customers.
Ethical business is at the heart of everything they do, ensuring they work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology with a mission to provide a vital advantage where it counts.
Digitally enabled outputs and outcomes are fundamental to the Group and data is critical in both their OEM and service capability. This is an exciting time to be joining a global corporation at the forefront of technological development in their areas of expertise.
Our client operates a matrix organisational structure with major projects delivered through Integrated Product Teams (IPTs). IPT Leaders are an integral part of the Leadership Team, responsible for delivering end-to-end aerospace products and services. You will be involved from concept to disposal in a time sensitive, safety critical, high precision, complex engineering environment.
As an IPT Leader, you will have a high degree of authority with responsibility for the definition of design, legal and technical requirements in relation to products and services with a value in excess of £100m. You will work closely with the Project Director ensuring engineering outputs meet cost, time and quality objectives.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on complex projects involving multiple interfaces with customers and suppliers. You will:
• Perform appropriate engineering planning, management and review activities to ensure products are integrated, safe, and fully compliant and delivered within agreed requirements for cost quality and schedule
• Influence internal and external customers and other stakeholders to ensure product offerings meet requirements and specifications
• Optimise engineering solutions to successfully win contracts
• Ensure all engineering activities are undertaken in line with the operational framework and compliant with all engineering policies
• Engage as part of the senior leadership team to align functional objectives with overarching business strategies
• Provide an excellent customer experience through operational performance and embedding a culture of continuous improvement
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a depth of experience providing engineering direction, management and leadership for an integrated project team or technical department in a complex engineering/manufacturing environment. Typical sectors could include aerospace, defence, nuclear, petrochemical, or oil and gas.
You will be a role model in terms of engineering and technology knowledge and offer a collaborative, constructive and motivational leadership style. Your attributes will include:
• Strong mentoring, coaching and communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels
• Resilience, tenacity and strong business acumen
• Affinity for cultural change within the broader business
• Exemplary leadership behaviours; able to build sustainable relationships based on trust
• Ability to generate new ideas
• Proven strength in organisation and personal communication skills
• Professionally accredited engineer (ideally at or working towards chartered status)
There is geographical flexibility to recruit the right candidates into a variety of sites, both in the UK and abroad. Global mobility would be highly valued.
The role offers an excellent base salary and benefits package.
If you have any queries or would like more information with regard to this advert please contact:
D: +44 121 654 5920
M: +44 7793 529 579
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?