Our client is a global organisation employing a diverse and talented workforce around the world. They are an iconic multinational technology company delivering market leading products and solutions to the defence, security and cyber sectors. They are focused on developing the very best and most innovative products and services to provide to their customers.
Ethical business is at the heart of everything they do, ensuring they work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology with a mission to provide a vital advantage where it counts.
Digitally enabled outputs and outcomes are fundamental to the Group and data is critical in both their OEM and service capability. This is an exciting time to be joining a global corporation at the forefront of technological development in their areas of expertise.
As an Airframe Engineering Manager, you will be at the heart of major programme delivery in a time sensitive, safety critical, high precision, complex engineering environment.
Airframe Engineering Managers are responsible for the management of an Airframe Engineering Team within a specific programme. This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on complex projects involving multiple interfaces with customers and suppliers. You will:
• Ensure all engineering activities are undertaken in line with the operational framework and compliant with all engineering policies
• Effectively manage resources through the lifecycle of the project, ensuring the team are developed to meet and exceed business objectives
• Engage as part of the Senior Leadership Team to align functional objectives with overarching business strategies
• Influence internal and external stakeholders to deliver product offerings meeting requirements and specifications
• Provide an excellent customer experience through operational performance and embedding a culture of continuous improvement
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience leading a similar or related type of Engineering Team in a complex engineering/manufacturing environment. Typical sectors could include aerospace, defence, nuclear, petrochemical, or oil and gas. You will be a proven and forward thinking leader, able to drive best practice and motivate those around you.
Required attributes include:
• Proven organisational capability
• Collaborative, constructive and motivational leadership style
• Strong mentoring, coaching and communication skills
• Ability to influence at all levels and build strong relationships built on trust
• Resilience, tenacity and strong business acumen
• Professionally accredited engineer (ideally at or working towards chartered status)
There is geographical flexibility to recruit the right candidates into a variety of sites, both in the UK and abroad. Global mobility would be highly valued.
The role offers an excellent base salary and benefits package.
If you have any queries or would like more information with regard to this advert please contact:
D: +44 121 654 5920
M: +44 7793 529 579
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?