ilke Homes (ilke) is a specialist in the off-site design and manufacture of customisable homes. Produced in a modern off-site environment, ilke’s homes are made simultaneously using precision-engineered techniques – significantly reducing the overall construction time that it takes to build a house.
ilke is an entrepreneurial and well-capitalised organisation that aims to provide an innovative solution to the UK’s housing needs. Established in 2017, the company is undergoing a major investment and expansion project at its new manufacturing site in Harrogate – creating a modern and efficient production and supply chain capability. ilke plans to find and develop new production sites across England and Wales, with the goal of being able to produce up-to 5,000 homes a year.
Such is the potential of the off-site residential housing market, and the ambition of the company, ilke’s plan is to establish itself at the vanguard of this sector in the UK, building a business with a significant scale in the process.
To enable it to meet its ambitious growth plans, and to ensure the business continues to develop, ilke is now seeking an experienced and successful Head of Engineering to lead its engineering team, and function.
• Leading the process and manufacturing engineering teams, reporting to the Technical Director, you will assist in evaluating and mitigating risks associated with new designs and products along with changes to existing designs.
• You will lead your team in their aim of specifying, configuring, sourcing and implementing appropriate automation, equipment, jigs, tooling and fixtures. This may include, but is not limited to, robotics, machine tools, materials handling equipment and computer control systems, both CNC and SCADA.
• Coach and motivate your team to be the best they can be, setting targets and objectives that stretch people to deliver and which drive significant improvement into the business. Sitting as part of the factory leadership team, you will liaise with your peers and the wider team to deliver an on time and to standard product that is cost-effective.
• This is a unique opportunity to join a new, growing manufacturing business with the ambition to lead and drive the modular home building sector. Here you will have the autonomy to make a significant and positive contribution to its leadership and ongoing development, being a key contributor to the group’s success.
• You will be a proven and aspirational Engineering leader, and will possess substantial and varied technical experience in manufacturing engineering in a relevant low-to-medium volume industrial B2B manufacturer.
• With the required energy, drive and gravitas, you will have benefited from having worked in a best-in-class production environment, and experience of leading or contributing to the scale-up development of a manufacturing plant.
• Crucially, you will be adaptable, agile, and collaborative, with the necessary integrity and values to succeed within ilke’s culture.
• Likely to be from a mechanical engineering and assembly environment, such as the automotive, aerospace, or transportation manufacturing sectors, you will be well-educated – with a relevant first degree in engineering, manufacturing or science-based discipline.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Catherine Osman on 0121 654 5902.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?