BMI Group is part of the Standard Industries family of companies, operating globally and employing around 11,000 employees worldwide. We are a dynamic organisation housing various construction brands that collectively make up the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the World.
We believe that a roof is so much more than the shelter and protection above us. Today it can also be a power station, a living space, a garden or even a work of art.
This thinking has lead us to the point of a major digital transformation, internally and externally, that will see us offering truly innovative products and services direct to our end consumers; households and private property owners.
This transformational journey involves the exciting set up of our new Digital Lab/Tech Hub in Reading that will employ some of the best tech talent out there. The DevOps and Automation Architect will become a vital piece of that new digital and IT team.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps and Automation Architect to join our new digital team and be part of the digital future we are creating at BMI. This is a vital role which is supporting BMI’s journey to become a lean manufacturer and product innovator and also a social enterprise.
The architect delivers a DevOps and automation strategy, steering resources in BMI’s portfolio of digital projects and proofs of concept to drive towards high-velocity digital innovation and exponential growth beyond traditional business models in the construction industry.
What will you be doing in the role
• Develop the DevOps and automation capability for continuous delivery and continuous integration of digital products supporting the business in its B2C transition
• Support the delivery of complex transformation programmes, determining the optimum platforms and toolsets to achieve business goals
• Manage multiple project workflows and troubleshoot complex issues with Git
• Set up and manage dependency management tools such as Maven, NPM etc
• Establish new lean processes and practices to enable change, along with resource and supplier management
• Work with multiple sprint teams to allocate non-production environments for top priority agile development projects
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong architecture experience and knowledge of agile development tools and dependency/build management tools.
You will play an important role in the newly established digital team and will be required to balance multiple projects and collaborate closely with other development teams. You will be a dynamic and agile thinker with a creative and innovative approach.
You will likely have:-
• A degree in computer science or equivalent
• Strong architecture experience in a leadership role in multi-national company and rolling out large scale projects
• Ability to work alongside multiple sprint teams, using agile and management development tools (SCRUM, Kanban and Jenkins, Maven, Grunt etc)
• Experience in Micro-Services Architecture, Service Mesh Architecture, Contention/Priority management
As you can imagine, not just our thinking is innovative but so is our approach to our people. We have a fantastic collaborative working environment that offers autonomy, encourages ideas and innovation and lasting career paths.
Our salary and benefits package is generous and we genuinely embrace diversity and inclusion, offering the best opportunities to the whole team.
We see further and we hope to see you under our roof.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Talent Solutions; Maggie Laudanska- McWeeney on 07912 565 353
Closing date for applications: 31st January 2019
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?