BMI Group is part of the Standard Industries family of companies, operating globally and employing around 11,000 employees worldwide. We are a dynamic organisation housing various construction brands that collectively make up the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the World.
We believe that a roof is so much more than the shelter and protection above us. Today it can also be a power station, a living space, a garden or even a work of art.
This thinking has lead us to the point of a major digital transformation, internally and externally, that will see us offering truly innovative products and services direct to our end consumers; households and private property owners.
This transformational journey involves the exciting set up of our new Digital Lab/Tech Hub in Reading that will employ some of the best tech talent out there. The Services and Integration Architect will become a vital piece of that new digital and IT team.
We are looking for an experienced Services and Integration Architect to be part of the digital future we are creating at BMI. This is a vital role in supporting our journey to become a lean manufacturer, a product innovator and also a social enterprise.
The overall remit of the role is to ensure that BMI optimally applies modern technology to evolve the business to be more b2c focussed, whilst delivering the service architecture and integration strategy.
What will you be doing in the role
• Developing service and integration architecture for continuous delivery and continuous integration of digital products
• Supporting the delivery of complex transformation programmes and the execution of a portfolio of proofs of concept and digital projects
• Developing and designing applications on large scale/mission critical systems using different technologies
• Utilising knowledge of API management technologies (SOAP/REST, XML/JSON, XSLT) and API platforms such as Apigee, MuleSoft, Tibco Mashery, IBM API Connect or similar
• Establishing new lean processes and practices to enable change
You will play an important role in the newly established digital team and will be required to balance multiple projects and collaborate closely with other development teams. You will be a dynamic and agile thinker with a creative and innovative approach.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong architecture experience and knowledge of API platforms and management technologies.
You will likely have the following:-
• A Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• High level of competence in an architecture leadership role in a multi-national company
• Experience leading architecture discipline in a portfolio of Agile development and implementation of digital platforms
• Experience in web services and API management technologies (SOAP/REST, XML/JSON, XSLT)
• Ability to work with Micro-Services Architecture, Service Mesh Architecture, Contention/Priority management
As you can imagine, not just our thinking is innovative but so is our approach to our people. We have a fantastic collaborative working environment that offers autonomy, encourages ideas and innovation and lasting career paths.
Our salary and benefits package is generous and we genuinely embrace diversity and inclusion, offering the best opportunities to the whole team.
We see further and we hope to see you under our roof.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Talent Solutions; Maggie Laudanska- McWeeney on 07912 565 353
Closing date for applications: 31st January 2019
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?