The new entrepreneurial Managing Director will hold full P&L responsibility and be tasked with:
• Setting the direction for the subsidiary with a focus across all business activities.
• Leadership of the team across R&D, sales, operations, finance and commercial functions.
• Delivery of the agreed budget and growth strategy.
• Targeting of new products and market areas.
• Enhancing existing customer relationships in conjunction with the sales director.
• Improving established structures and KPI’s to drive business performance.
• Monthly reporting to the parent group, ensuring they are kept informed of progress.
• Compliance with all regulatory requirements, including health and safety.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone to have the strength, security and support of a large well capitalised Group, but with the prospect of running their own distinct entity within it. A STEM graduate, you will be an established Managing Director or a Senior Manager who is ready to take the step up to run a small enterprise. Your skills and competencies will include:
• Track record of delivery and growth in a comparable general management position, or in a senior commercial role in a larger business.
• Technical competence to understand the engineering capability of the business.
• Knowledge and understanding of P&L management, able to set and manage the budget.
• Experience in relevant industrial markets, or able to evidence you can adapt.
• Self-starting, able to work independently of the group and deliver the agreed performance
• Inclusive leadership credentials.
• Commercial astuteness, able to be both hands on and strategic as required.
• Ability to build excellent external and internal relationships.
An excellent base salary, performance bonus, pension and family health cover is on offer.
If you have any queries or would like more information with regard to this document please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org >
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?