Alongside its commitment to academic excellence, Univ has undertaken a number of ambitious and pioneering initiatives in recent years to further its objectives. These include a generous undergraduate bursary programme, the provision of additional undergraduate places for exceptionally able students from disadvantaged backgrounds, a successful campaign for 40 fully-funded graduate studentships, the launch of the University College Oxford Blockchain Research Centre, harnessing the College’s expertise in this area, and the acquisition of a large site in north Oxford for the establishment of a second college community.
Univ seeks to appoint a dynamic and effective Development Director to lead their already well-established fundraising and alumni relations office. The post-holder will articulate the college’s development strategy, lead the development team, and deliver an ambitious new campaign to raise £40m by 2024.
• To formulate and implement a development strategy that enables and enhances the broader strategy of the College.
• To identify, target and ask potential benefactors for major gifts and legacy pledges.
• To support the Master, Sir Ivor Crewe, as well Fellows and key volunteers in undertaking major gift and legacy giving approaches
• To serve as an advisor to the Master as a member of the College’s team of senior officers.
• To oversee the Development Office, including recruitment and management of staff and responsible management of its budget.
• To coordinate philanthropic activity with senior officers of the College, including the Finance Bursar, the Investment Bursar, the Senior Tutor, the Domestic Bursar, and the College Accountant.
• Will have demonstrable management experience with a successful track record in securing seven and eight figure level gifts
• Experience working with and staffing senior institutional leaders and professional/support services staff as part of cultivation and solicitation of high value donor prospects
• Experience of working in a large complex organization; experience of negotiating with multiple decision-makers and stakeholders
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; William Pringle or Leia Clancy on 020 7529 3090.
Closing date for applications: 30th November
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?