The Company has the opportunity to diversify the markets served, products offered and to further develop its added value manufacturing capability. The new Managing Director will be P&L responsible, overseeing daily activity and driving this strategy to achieve growth. They will:
• Own the P&L across the operational sites, overseeing a small team of c.45 people across Administration, Logistics, HSE, Quality and Manufacturing).
• Hands on ownership for business development in the UK.
• Management of end to end operations, from materials in to customer delivery.
• Enhancing existing customer relationships, whilst also seeking new market avenues.
• Undertaking market assessments and making the case for capital investment where appropriate.
• Oversight of all order handling.
• Monthly reporting and regular co-ordination with the parent group.
• Preparation/delivery of the agreed annual operational budget and long term strategic plan.
You will be an established Managing Director or a Senior Manager who is ready to take the step up. Operational understanding is important, but a higher emphasis will be placed on ability to deliver the sales output and commercial P&L performance.
Ideally you will understand the nature of a metal stocking operation but other backgrounds may also be considered, provided there is a related skill set to this type of operation. Leadership aptitude is critical and will be allied to strategic capability and sound financial judgement.
An excellent base salary and package to include bonus, fully expensed car, pension and private health insurance is on offer. The position will be based in the West Midlands
If you have any queries or would like more information with regard to this opportunity please contact:
+44 121 654 5920
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?