Trinseo is a world leader in the production of plastics, latex binders, and synthetic rubber - a new kind of global materials company at the intersection of people, technology, and customers, built on several decades of technology leadership.
We are focused on delivering innovative and sustainable products that touch lives every day – products that are intrinsic to how we live our lives – across a wide range of end-markets. Our materials can be found in just about every market and industry from consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices and performance car tires.
By 2020, we plan to have completely revolutionized our global operations, in order to support the continued success.
We have launched an exciting, transformation programme called T2020, where you will be given the opportunity from day one to bring new ideas, innovation and support to Trinseo into the next chapter in its story.
For more information about Program T2020 and the opportunities available, please visit The T2020 Career Center at https://t2020.trinseo.com
The person appointed to this role will act as the Trinseo expert for APAC chemical inventory & substance registration, providing business consulting and supporting product compliance for products in the Asia Pacific and South Korea market.
This includes country chemical inventories, food contact compliance, hazard classifications, substance reporting, substance volume monitoring, product and raw material registrations and the collection of critical compliance information from raw material suppliers.
It is critical that the Product Stewardship team understand and manage the requirements of the new South Korea chemical regulation - K-REACH, as well as compliance to Taiwan REACH and Vietnam chemical inventory and other Asian emerging regulations as needed.
The person will also perform the product steward role to support part of the routine new product launch review and raw material regulatory review.
• Technical degree in Chemistry, Toxicology or a related field
• 5 + years of relevant experience in the chemical industry or related environment.
• Technical knowledge of K-REACH and experience of implementing K-REACH like regulations
• Technical knowledge of APAC chemical inventory and food contact regulations (China GB 9685, desirable)
• Technical knowledge of Japanese chemical inventory and food contact regulations (desirable)
• Good verbal, written, and presentation skills in English (essential)
• Good reading and writing skills in Korean (highly desirable)
Closing date for applications: 31st October 2018
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?