The Jon Egging Trust (JET) was set up in the autumn of 2011 as a legacy to the ambition of Flight Lieutenant Jon Egging to support young people to achieve their potential. Jon lost his life on 20 August that year whilst completing a display at the Bournemouth Air Festival. He was coming to the end of his first year with the world-famous Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team “The Red Arrows” flying in position of Red 4. Jon was passionate about inspiring young people through his love of flying and enthusiasm for teamwork.
JET’s youth engagement programmes help young people to overcome adversity and be the best they can be. We provide young people who face significant barriers to learning, with access to inspirational individuals and opportunities linked to aviation, engineering and science. We deliver accredited learning programmes to develop young people’s work and life skills, provide positive role models, raise aspirations and help them re-engage with education and make informed choices about their future.
In the seven years since the trust launched we have worked with more than 15,000 young people across the UK, grown the staff team to 25, the volunteer base to more than 500 and all while expanding our geographical reach every year. The entire JET family is anchored by a shared passion: to make a positive and meaningful impact on young lives.
We are a small but ambitious charity seeking a new Director of Income Generation and Communications to support our move on to the next phase of our development and enrich the life-changing opportunities we provide.
• Newly created senior leadership role in JET to identify opportunities for growth in existing areas of income generation and identify and develop new income streams.
• Lead and motivate a small but successful team in both income generation and communications. The role will require you to be hands on and lead by example, as well as maintaining a strategic outlook.
• Collaborate with JET’s Area Directors and operational team to ensure that funds are being raised to maintain and in time grow our valuable work.
• Dynamic and innovative income generation professional with the experience to maximise delivery across a number of income streams.
• Creative thinker and a strategic approach to both income generation and communications to be able to play a key role as an integral part of JET’s Senior Leadership Team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills to persuade, motivate, network and negotiate effectively.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Hannah Wade on 0113 386 8542.
Closing date for applications: Friday 4th January 2019
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?