Smiths Medical is one of five divisions and is a leading global provider of medical devices for the hospital, emergency, home and specialist environments. The company’s products are utilised during critical and intensive care, surgery, post-operative care during recovery and in a series of high-end home infusion therapies. Products include tracheostomy and general anaesthesia devices, epidural components, safety lancets and scalpels, pulse monitors and diabetes products.
Smiths Medical seek an exceptional Director Quality Operations to oversee the strategic delivery of global quality improvement. The role will interact extensively across internal functions, external suppliers and the global manufacturing footprint. The role sets the agenda for product excellence in a complex, heavily regulated, safety critical product environment. You will:
• Set the strategy, structure, and processes to drive sustained quality improvement in all global facilities.
• Formulate and drive manufacturing quality excellence programs designed to ensure continuous improvement.
• Lead regional manufacturing and supplier quality initiatives to ensure Smiths quality standards are consistently achieved and maintained both in existing products and in the NPD process.
• Develop world class, common systems for integrated Quality Management in line with the Smiths Operating System.
• Own compliance of Company operations with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
The successful candidate will be degree educated and have a depth of leadership experience in operations, quality or research & development. This experience will include time in either the medical devices sector or a related, highly regulated manufacturing environment.
You will be excellent at stakeholder management, used to influencing and delivering in a complex international setting where you have had to formulate global strategies for an organisation that is growing. You will have proven expertise in successfully developing global systems and processes to deliver quality standards and targets.
The preferred method of application is online at www.berwickpartners.co.uk/68808
If you are unable to apply online please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will receive an automated response.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?