Trinseo is a world leader in the production of plastics, latex binders, and synthetic rubber - a new kind of global materials company at the intersection of people, technology, and customers, built on several decades of technology leadership.
We are focused on delivering innovative and sustainable products that touch lives every day – products that are intrinsic to how we live our lives – across a wide range of end-markets. Our materials can be found in just about every market and industry from consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices and performance car tires.
By 2020, we plan to have completely revolutionized our global operations, in order to support the continued success.
We have launched an exciting, transformation programme called T2020, where you will be given the opportunity from day one to bring new ideas, innovation and support to Trinseo into the next chapter in its story.
The Regional Infrastructure Lead position is responsible for Information Technology planning, directing and coordinating the design, implementation and management of infrastructure for the region. The Regional Infrastructure Lead will anticipate future business directions and enterprise needs and partner with business representatives, technical teams and vendors to deliver IT Infrastructure solutions.
The position provides technical expertise on infrastructure planning, and engineering of assigned areas for Trinseo IT (e.g., end-user services such as service desk, print services, mobility and core infrastructure services such as network, compute and storage, disaster recovery).Position will maintain responsibility for the technical foundation and structural support required to deliver and operate business solutions for Trinseo IT.
The Regional Infrastructure Lead also manages and coordinates all infrastructure projects to meet regional client needs. The post holder ensures that the globally consistent standards and procedures are followed during design and implementation of Information Technology.
The position will also act as an Infrastructure liaison between IT and regional clients and vendors.
• The Regional Infrastructure Lead ensures all topic-specific Trinseo IT infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards.
• Provides technical expertise across infrastructure topics, verifies and resolves configuration issues. Helps define service level agreements (SLAs) for vendor support and monitors for ongoing performance expectations.
• Acts as an escalation point and coordinates problem resolution among a variety of functional areas and provides subject matter expertise support for diagnosing and resolving problems.
• Partners with various business architects to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable and maintainable infrastructure designs.
• Defines improvements that increase system reliability and performance. Collaborates with IT business partners and solution, application, or enterprise architects to help define and understand key target strategies.
• Collaborate with service providers to develop, validate and execute hardware and infrastructure software tests to identify system errors and ensure solutions meet functional specifications.
• Implements and tests infrastructure (e.g., disaster recovery and business continuity, server, storage, network) for region.
• Participates in the execution of backup and disaster recovery plan for infrastructure solutions
• Acts as the technical liaison between vendor operations teams, engineers and architects, providing critical operational insight to new implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing solutions supportability.
• Monitors service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards and stakeholder requirements. Ensure that the appropriate facilities are implemented to support IT Infrastructure.
• Researches and advises functional leadership about industry best practices, trends, and technology, in support of Trinseo IT strategy
• Will have experience leading large scale integration projects as a result of M&A activity.
• Must be a relationship builder and capable of functioning with only limited oversight. Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work effectively internally and externally.
• Will have knowledge of project management techniques; Six Sigma designation desired but not required.
• Manages ambiguity well. Has a global outlook and develops local expertise while operating effectively in a geographically dispersed organization.
• Possess strong enterprise business acumen
• Will demonstrate strong listening, communications, alliance-building, negotiation, conflict management and influencing skills
• Will have several years of demonstrable, senior IT experience in a support environment, preferably with technical experience in the desired infrastructure topical area(s) (e.g. core infrastructure operations, directory services and messaging including AD, Office 365 and Exchange, mobile platforms, network, storage, service desk, disaster recovery, cloud computing)
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Odgers Berndtson; Alex Richardson, on 0044161 498 3407 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Program T2020 and the opportunities available, please visit The T2020 Career Center at https://t2020.trinseo.com
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?