Trinseo is a world leader in the production of plastics, latex binders, and synthetic rubber - a new kind of global materials company at the intersection of people, technology, and customers, built on several decades of technology leadership.
We are focused on delivering innovative and sustainable products that touch lives every day – products that are intrinsic to how we live our lives – across a wide range of end-markets. Our materials can be found in just about every market and industry from consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices and performance car tires.
By 2020, we plan to have completely revolutionized our global operations, in order to support the continued success.
We have launched an exciting, transformation programme called T2020, where you will be given the opportunity from day one to bring new ideas, innovation and support to Trinseo into the next chapter in its story.
For more information about Program T2020 and the opportunities available, please visit The T2020 Career Center at https://t2020.trinseo.com
The Senior Logistics Sourcing Specialist will be a key member of the Logistics procurement team, with the responsibility to partner with global and local functional leadership to establish category specific strategies and drive and support the supplier identification, negotiations and contracting necessary to meet the desired requirements at the best possible economics. Key areas of focus for this position include all modes of Transport (Truck, Rail, MPC, etc) and Warehousing. He / She will manage the relations with the established vendors across all these categories.
• Bachelor's degree or higher (Logistics, Supply Chain Mgt, Finance, or relevant area of study)
• 3-10 years of experience in procurement roles, with specific experience in the Logistics category.
• Experience of working with high volumes of complex logistics sourcing activity and operations.
• Experience in a global, chemical business environment
• Demonstrated ability to handle a diverse portfolio of projects across multiple spend and geographical areas and work under pressure with competing priorities
• Spoken and written fluency in English is mandatory, with fluency in German desirable
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2018
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?