A significant force in the homewares industry, Portmeirion is acknowledged as a market leader in high quality and innovatively designed tableware, cookware, giftware and accessories. The Portmeirion Group consists of 3 wholly owned subsidiaries: PG UK, Portmeirion USA, based in Connecticut, and Wax Lyrical.
In May 2016, the Portmeirion Group acquired Wax Lyrical, building strength within the British market and enabling the business to reach markets further afield.
The team are proud of their Made In Britain status and ability to develop, manufacture and deliver world-class products from their base in the Lakes. Instead of importing products from overseas, they now export to over 40 countries around the world.
Developing everything in-house, the team are confident that Wax Lyrical products are the best in the marketplace. Working with Europe’s top perfume houses to develop fragrances and two in-house PhD scientists, Will and Fiona, ensuring they keep standards high and continue to develop exciting new products.
With a current turnover of £15m and good profit margins, the Portmeirion Group has ambitious plans to grow the business both in the UK and internationally, for which we now seek a Managing Director.
The high calibre individual who takes this role will lead the Wax Lyrical business through its integration into the Portmeirion Group, in line with the group ambition over the next 3-5yrs. The successful candidate will be responsible for all activities across the business unit including product design, marketing, supply chain, manufacturing and sales.
Reporting directly to Group Finance Director, Mike Raybould.
Key responsibilities will be:
• Full P&L ownership and day to day running of the business unit, based in the Lake District with c.100 employees. Working closely with the senior management team to achieve the financial and commercial objectives of the business in accordance with the targets agreed with the board. Reporting to the Group Finance Director who sits on the board of Portmeirion Group plc.
• Provide direction and support for the wider senior leadership team. Lead, motivate and empower management to ensure delivery of strategic goals and continue the double digit growth of the business.
• Lead the design, development and delivery of a continuous innovative pipeline of product coupled with appropriate brand development and media planning.
• An articulate, intelligent and pragmatic individual who will thrive in this fast moving and entrepreneurial environment.
• Possessing a strong track record of delivery in senior leadership roles, ideally across a breadth of functions but with extensive experience of product development and brand marketing.
• Previous experience of the homewares arena is desired with proven track record in a multi-channel retail model.
• This role will present the successful individual with an extremely rewarding and satisfying career – demonstrating their ability to lead a company through a growth phase both domestically and overseas.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Claire Stewart
Consultant – Consumer Lifestyle Practice
D: 0207 518 2645
M: 07736 818 227
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?