The British Chambers of Commerce seeks a seasoned campaigns professional, with a track record of delivering cutting-edge thought leadership, clear influence and visible bottom-line results, to lead its London-based policy and campaigns functions.
Reporting to the Director General, and forming part of the BCC’s senior management team, the post-holder will have lead accountability for the campaigns and representation elements of the BCC’s three-year strategic plan, and will work closely with other members of the senior management team to deliver the plan – and its associated commercial objectives – in its entirety.
• Position the BCC and Chamber network at the forefront of business thought leadership.
• Campaign for the UK’s ‘civic business’ communities – working with the accredited Chamber Network to drive campaigns into local business communities.
• Bring great campaigns to life – to further boost the BCC’s brand and complement its strong existing policy and research based expertise.
• Further elevate the voice of the BCC and Chamber Network in a crowded marketplace, ensuring that the organisation gains greater cut through to Government and policymakers.
• An intelligent, confident and charismatic individual who possesses a combination of experience in campaigning, communications and engagement. Individuals could come from a variety of backgrounds including business, industry or trade bodies, government or the NGO sector.
• They will need to possess an ability to translate complex information into clear policy positions and thought leadership. Strong relationship building, stakeholder management and influencing skills will also be essential.
• This individual will be politically astute and possesses first class communication and interpersonal skills. They will have strong management and leadership abilities and will be able to operate as part of a senior management team.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; William Pringle on 020 7518 2635 or Christina Hargreaves on 020 7529 1122
Closing date for applications: Thursday 8th March 2018
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?