A globally renowned food business that owns a number of market-leading and much-loved brands is looking to appoint a high-calibre Sales Planning Controller to drive tangible results. Already firmly established with a global turnover of over £19bn, the business continues to deliver highly-impressive growth credentials, with an increase of over 2% in the last financial quarter.
When getting under the skin of the business and those that work there, it is very apparent that their success is owed to the fact that they provide each and every individual with early accountability and ability to make an impact, whilst fostering a supportive environment that offers advice and learnings. There is a real sense of importance placed on ‘being yourself’, fostering diversity and creativity across the business.
This role is an essential cross-functional leadership role between the category teams both in the UK and in other European territories, sales teams and other relevant stakeholder functions (Finance, PCM, CS&L). Reporting to the Managing Director, UK&I, you will:
• Co-ordinate the overall sales performance vs the agreed target and annual plan for volume, revenue and rate-per-tonne for the UK business.
• Lead the trade investment strategy and budget, with particular focus on price and promotions by category across all customers.
• Be the ongoing “voice of the customer” in order to drive continuous development of the trading and category strategies.
This role is fundamental to the leadership of the category within the total sales function and provides exposure to all channels and customers, with connections to the total commercial operation. There is particular engagement with Marketing, Finance and Supply Chain.
The business is looking to appoint a highly commercial individual, who can navigate their way through the total commercial operation. This individual must be capable of identifying opportunities and thinking strategically, whilst dealing with significant complexities, with the ultimate responsibility of co-ordinating and influencing the wider cross-functional team.
• 7+ years FMCG experience.
• Educated to degree level.
• Experience of a fast-paced and challenging FMCG environment.
• A degree of customer facing experience.
• People leadership.
• Proven track record of delivering commercial success.
• Delivery of trade investment strategy.
• Delivery of promotional strategy, building annual & quarterly forecasts.
• Effective stakeholder management.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?