To support the business growth plan, a Head of Engineering is now required. You will be responsible for Leadership of the quality and NPD functions including design authority for PCC. You will:
• Lead all technical interaction with the customer, providing subject matter expertise and credibility as PCC grow the customer base
• Develop and deliver the engineering strategy, leading on customer insight, market analysis and make/buy decisions
• Develop, implement, refine and champion business tools and metrics to drive continuous improvement and a safe working environment within the engineering team.
• Own all product development initiatives as PCC look to drive value from the existing product portfolio and evolve next generation products for both retrofit and new build markets
• Build a robust design capability, from concept, to review, verification and validation
• Ensure regulatory compliance for both new and existing products.
The ideal candidate will be able to balance strategic and tactical requirements, providing engineering leadership to a small team that is likely to grow. You will have a firm understanding of how to drive new product development and ensure product quality requirements are met. Industry experience will be from the rail industry or other well aligned industrial segments with a demanding, safety critical product orientation.
You will be able to demonstrate experience of delivering in a product environment with broad based mechanical, electrical and materials (composites) knowledge. Your technical team leadership will be either as an engineering/R&D department head or project manager within a product development environment.
An excellent base salary, car and benefits are available for the position which will be based in Cwmbran, South Wales.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; David Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?