The Trust was created in 2010 and very purposefully works in England’s post-industrial cities and coastal towns, in areas of economic disadvantage or with a history of academic underachievement. With an established reputation for transforming primary and secondary schools, over the next few years, Creative Education Trust plans to expand its network of academies and remain at the forefront in academic standards. The Head Office team is highly experienced in educational improvement and organisational strategy and leadership, and the Finance team has a pivotal role in ensuring the Trust’s continued success.
As Creative Education Trust’s Finance team has grown, there is a need for a new Head of Finance role to ensure the continued delivery of outstanding financial advice and support to the Trust’s network of schools. Based in Creative Education Trust’s Head Office in London, the Head of Finance will report to the Director of Finance and Resources and will lead the regional finance teams. The Head of Finance will be responsible for ensuring effective financial and management accounting, budgeting and planning across the Trust.
• The development and management of financial controls and systems within the Head Office Finance Department and across the wider Trust.
• The preparation and analysis of management accounting and other financial and reporting information.
• The preparation, review and challenge of budgeting and planning information across the Trust.
• The day to day management of Regional Heads of Finance and the provision of support to budget holders, managers and other staff.
• The management of external and internal audit arrangements.
• Agreed project work as necessary.
• Acting as deputy to the Director of Finance and Resources when required.
• A qualified Accountant with significant experience in a previous senior financial role.
• Experienced in financial reporting and in the preparation of annual budgets, forecasting and producing monthly and statutory accounts.
• Experienced in running a finance function for a decentralised group with a number of branches and/or subsidiaries.
• Able to communicate effectively on financial matters with non-finance specialists in a coherent and clear manner.
• A strong team player with excellent leadership skills and a hands on approach.
• The ability to develop robust relationships and to motivate and engage different personalities.
• A genuine interest in improving educational outcomes for children.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake relevant safeguarding checks in line with Government safer recruitment guidelines.
For more information please speak in confidence with our retained consultant Tahira Raja at Berwick partners on 0207 529 1036
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?