The company was created on 1 April 2016 by splitting the renewable, network and retail businesses of RWE into a separate entity. The new entity combined RWE subsidiaries RWE Innogy, RWE Deutschland, RWE Effizienz, RWE Vertrieb and RWE Energiedienstleistungen.
Innogy Renewables is a division of the Innogy Group and is one of UK’s leading renewable developers and operators. They provide a huge range of exciting business opportunities and inward investment in the UK.
Due to continued growth, Innogy are looking for a Head of Engineering to lead the Galloper 340 megawatt (MW) Offshore Wind Farm.
The offshore site is located within the outer Thames Estuary 27 kilometres (km) off the Suffolk coast. It is proposed to have up to 56 wind turbine generators at the site that will be connected to an offshore substation platform which will export the power via 132kV export cables to the cable landing point at Sizewell.
RWE Innogy Offshore Wind has a dedicated Offshore Asset Integrity Function. The function reports to the Head of Asset Integrity. The Galloper Engineering Manager is a core team member for the engineering and reporting element of the Galloper Offshore Wind Farm.
The Galloper Engineering Manager will be responsible for delivery of technical and commercial site support for the project. Working with senior site management and key stakeholders the roles primary responsibility is to deliver a successfully operating asset deemed appropriate from the projects and commissioning phase through the life of the wind farm.
• Academic degree (Bachelor or Master) in engineering based subjects such as Mechanical or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience within the wind turbine industry
• Professional experience related to multi megawatt wind turbine Operation and Inspections
• Previous experience in offshore wind in a high pressure environment
• Understanding of wind turbine components, structures and electrical generation
• Extensive experience in the use of wind turbine SCADA and Condition Monitoring Systems
• Effective communication and reporting skills
• Ability to translate technical detail into commercial impact
• Working at height is a requirement
• Fluent in written & verbal English
• Understanding of wake effect and resource assessment
• Line Management and supervisory experience
• Knowledge of Quality techniques
• Language skills, in particular German
• Experience in the use of MS Access and ,MSSQL database software programming and scripting languages (in particular MATLAB)
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?