Our client is a successful and highly-profitable manufacturer of innovative building products, and a subsidiary of a leading international organisation. With annual sales of over £80m, and PBT of circa £15m, the UK business operates from two production sites, supplying the house building market.
Respected for its high levels of service, innovation, environmental awareness, and product quality, the organisation has a highly-regarded leadership team and benefits from extensive investment in its plants.
The business is now seeking to appoint a proven Manufacturing leader, with a track record of success within a continuous process manufacturing sector, to lead its largest site, incorporating two production facilities, located near Goole, East Yorkshire.
• Reporting to the UK Production Director you will have prime operational responsibility for a large continuous process production site, and 120 employees. You will lead all aspects of factory operation including production, maintenance, quality and stockyard operation, whilst at the same time seeking to continuously improve all manufacturing activities on the site.
• Lead, develop and strengthen the existing management team, and introduce new ways of working to a site that is very traditional in its outlook and culture. Develop and implement capital investment programs to upgrade the production facilities and address the changing business environment.
• Through your hands-on approach, you will play an active role in developing the efficiency and reliability of the site, to create a more modern and responsive manufacturing facility - whilst maintaining and developing its quality output. As such, you will have the opportunity to make a significant positive change to the business.
• Graduate calibre, ideally with a business or technical degree, you will be an experienced manufacturing leader with a comprehensive understanding of manufacturing processes and continuous improvement. With experience of a continuous process manufacturing environment you will thrive on the pursuit of best in class customer service and operational excellence.
• You will have the maturity and character to lead and develop an experienced management team, and to introduce new ways of working to a site that is very traditional in its approach. As such, you will be a strong communicator and a skilled negotiator.
• Experience of leading an SME-sized and unionised operation, you will have excellent people management and development skills. Numerate, you will have the financial competence to manage and control your site’s budget.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?