Ticehurst Hospital is a 69 bed independent hospital that is part of the Priory Group. Our team of Psychiatrists and Therapists provide recovery-focused treatments in a calming and therapeutic environment. The hospital is located in a secluded area of East Sussex; the safe and supportive environment offers a comprehensive inpatient and outpatient specialist mental health service for young people and adults. The hospital has established an excellent reputation for providing the highest standards of care, together with an extensive range of therapies.
We are looking to recruit a Hospital Medical Director and experienced CAMHS Psychiatrist to be part of the senior management team for the hospital to lead in delivering excellent operational and clinical performance for those who use our services. Together with the Hospital Director (Registered Manager), you will be responsible for the hospital business plans, regulatory standards and sound clinical governance and the hospital’s medical team.
• Recruitment and induction of doctors in accordance with the company’s policies; involvement in sign off of probationary reviews and appraisals of doctors in line with national standards; and, management of performance reviews and disciplinary matters
• Provide medical leadership to the Multi-Disciplinary senior management and clinical team
• Jointly with the Hospital Director manage the complaints procedure relating to or having implications for the delivery of clinical services
• To ensure learning and teaching of medical staff on site through case conferences, peer case discussion et al
• To use audit and benchmarking, performance data, learning from incidents and complaints, service user experience feedback and compliance inspections to continuously improve the performance of the clinical team, particularly in relation to medical team
• Effectively manage own case load as a Consultant Psychiatrist and maintenance of their own Revalidation
• Ensure best practice and guidelines and evidence is adopted and work closely with service line medical directors and networks to achieve this
• As a member of the SMT lead the strategy development, implementation and review of the healthcare policy ensuring best practice solutions are viable and comply with legislative and statutory requirements to support the successful implementation of strategic initiatives within the hospital
• Strong communication and negotiation skills are required for the effective leadership and management of the consultants as well as a wide range of external agencies, partners, clients and central office management
• Responsibility for site operational matters to the Hospital Director, accountable to the Group Medical Director for professional medical matters, standards delivery of best practice at the site
For a candidate brief and to discuss the role please contact Aemilia Lovatt on 020 7518 2690 or
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?