A key role has arisen at the firm, due to the retirement of its Finance Director. A New Director of Finance and Risk is being recruited to join this extremely attractive firm.
The new post holder needs to be able to provide strong, financially astute leadership to the Management Board. They need to have business rigour, be firm, have gravitas and ensure the firms strong financial position is maintained. They must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide strong leadership and risk management, with the ability to identify potential opportunities. The post holder holds a critical role in the firm with additional responsibilities including IT and providing ad hoc consultancy services to associated business interests.
• Reporting directly to the Senior Partner and Managing Partner with responsibility for reporting on the firm’s financial affairs at Partner meetings.
• Provide commercial and financial support to the Partner Group in order to ensure the delivery of the firm’s services to its clients.
• Responsible for all financial, management and statutory reporting.
• Main responsibility for the firms risk management systems and procedures in conjunction with the Risk committee.
• Responsibility for the accounts, credit control and IT teams including appraisal responsibility.
• Managing relationships with banks, accountants, auditors, brokers and underwriters.
• Attend partners meetings, senior manager meetings, premises meetings and the staff forums.
• A qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) with extensive experience of finance leadership roles.
• Experience, or a strong understanding, of the Professional Services sector.
• A strong, calm communicator with a broad skill set, high levels of adaptability, resilience and the ability to develop relationships.
• Strong commercial and financial acumen with the ability to make strategic decisions and provide leadership.
• High level of attention to detail and ability to manage a heavy workload efficiently and effectively
• A team-player who is personable, diplomatic and confident dealing with people at all levels.
For more information please speak in confidence with our retained consultant Tahira Raja at Berwick Partners on 0207 529 1036.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?