Chatsworth and the Devonshire Group is innovative and fast growing, presenting leading edge exhibitions and events with partners such as Gucci and Sotheby’s. They now seek a strategic and dynamic Head of Retail to maximise the potential of the current offering and increase revenues alongside their appetite for growth. This will be led by the successful candidate and will include new product lines, e-commerce, licensing agreements, and pop-ups, and may also include increasing the number of shops.
The role has full accountability for the P&L of the three Chatsworth retail gift shops and the Chatsworth Estate Farm Shop via seven direct reports, including the buying team. This is a rare opportunity for a creative retailer to join a very special organisation at an exciting time in its evolution. DG is an organisation with heart and a level of engagement that stems directly from the Cavendish family’s passion and energy.
• Devise a strategy and business plan to grow Chatsworth’s retail revenue & profitability line with the group’s vision and values, to include investment proposals.
• Engage with customers and internal stakeholders, led by the Devonshire family, to ensure the retail offer is fresh and commercially relevant. This will include improving operating procedures, all aspects of product range expansion and retail environment development, to include “make versus buy” assessments.
• Work with the Chief Operating Officer and Trading Finance Manager to produce budgets in line with the defined business plan targets.
• Day-to-day management and development of the buying team, as well as the retail operations and warehousing teams.
• Proven track record of growing a diverse retail business, through improving productivity, product availability and customer service in a food and/or gift retailer.
• Understanding of omni-channel retailing.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Able to deliver change in an environment with strong values.
For a candidate brief and to discuss the role please contact Kathryn Gill Kathryn.Gill@berwickpartners.co.uk or 0161 498 3416
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?