As Director of Global eCommerce, you will work closely across all markets and lead the strategy for Direct to Consumer and eCommerce partner channels. This is a position where you’ll own the P&L, be responsible for forecasting and own the budget for ecommerce capital expenditure.
To be successful, this is what you’ll do;
• Own the global ecommerce strategy, identifying measures that will drive online sales across each country. This must be adapted to the maturity and nuances of each market
• Re-platform the websites. It’s essential that you’ll have done this at least once. As part of this you’ll need to have experience of payment gateways, integration with CRM systems and responsive design to deliver a mobile first experience
• Own the direct acquisition strategy across affiliate, PPC and SEO on-site optimisation, determining all key terms and phrases. This also includes working closely with marketing who drive the indirect acquisition and own content, social and influencer strategies
• Engage with a variety of stakeholders from Country Managing Directors to Marketing, IT, partners and external agencies. You will be highly visible in the business making decisions that directly contribute to the Company’s continued success
• The company has extensive analytics capabilities and you’ll use them to adapt to key trends, opportunities and risks that impact ecommerce performance across markets, channels and products
• Define the promotional calendar for key trading periods and seasonal campaigns, providing detailed sales forecasts. It goes without saying that you’ll be an expert in A/B variant testing, driving consumer reviews and earned media
• Lead the development roadmap for the Direct to Consumer channel. This includes functionality that drives CRO. Presently the team deploy to site fortnightly.
• Enhance the onsite customer experience, from conversion through to payment and delivery options
The company runs a lean operating structure and because of this, successful leaders have to bridge the gap between high level strategic thinking and detail. You’ll be blessed with an incredibly detail conscious, analytics team however you will need to focus on skills development and succession planning as the ecommerce channel grows.
Running the second largest market, you’ll have the same level of influence as a Country Managing Director and work as a peer to colleagues who are focused on driving B2B and B2C revenues in their own countries.
This position would suit an ecommerce leader from a multi-channel retailer looking for more accountability or someone from a brand launching a direct to consumer proposition.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?