Britten-Norman is an established, £13m, 160 strong, UK based light aircraft manufacturer and aftermarket service provider. The aircraft service both the Defence (for reconnaissance and special operations) and Civil Aviation (providing short-haul flights to remote locations, crop spraying, emergency services and parachuting) markets.
The company has recently consolidated and restructured, and is now primed for substantial growth. The emphasis will be on international expansion, aftermarket augmentation and civil market growth.
In order to achieve such aspirations, the business has created a new position of Commercial Director, reporting to the CEO. This is a tremendously exciting time to join Britten-Norman as Commercial Director, to define, lead and deliver a new business winning commercial strategy.
• Develop and deploy the value proposition and pricing strategy for all products and services, maximising revenue across all income streams.
• Define the international go to market strategy with the CEO.
• Help lead all M&A activity, focusing on pricing and due diligence.
• Identify new business opportunities, and support the Business Development team providing business winning solutions; lead client negotiations when required.
• Produce, interpret and report financial data against KPIs to the board, to improve business performance.
• Be a role model across the business with a constant desire to enhance the customer experience through ongoing commercial innovation and creativity.
• Ideally have a background in Aerospace, Aviation or Defence supplier markets.
• Must have experience of working and succeeding within an SME environment; this is a hands-on position operating in an environment with limited back office support.
• A self-starter, who is proactive, flexible, adaptable and ambitious. Someone who the business will look up to.
• Ideally come from a Commercial, Bid or Business Development background; though must be heavily detail oriented, financially focused and client facing.
• Preferably have M&A experience conducting due diligence and pricing activities.
• Able to be security cleared.
Office location is London and you will be expected to travel across the UK and internationally as appropriate to fulfil this important position. It is preferable to live within commuter distance of London.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisor at Berwick Partners; James Blackwood on 0207 529 3957.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?