Part of an international blue-chip group, our client is a successful and growing building products manufacturing organisation. Highly profitable, it has annual sales of over £30m, and operates production sites in South East England. Strong customer service, coupled with an effective manufacturing asset base, has enabled the organisation to develop a strong market position. The business is now seeking to appoint a highly capable General Manager, with a strong production and commercial track record, to lead the organisation to further growth and success.
• Reporting to the UK Board you will have overall responsibility for the performance of your business, and your purpose will be to maximise its long term profitability, and the safety of all its employees.
• Providing inspirational and hands-on leadership and direction to your team, you will enable the organisation to grow and develop - through product innovation, acquisition, and developing new target sectors and customers.
• Using your knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques you will help to develop a more efficient manufacturing operation. Develop the company’s commercial strategy, to create a segmented and solutions-led approach to its customer base.
• Graduate calibre, preferably with a business or technical degree, you will be an experienced ‘general management’ leader with a track record of success within the building products sector, or a related industrial process industries market, such as chemicals, plastics and paints.
• Ideally from a manufacturing-led background, you will understand how to develop and improve a capital-intensive and safety-critical production business. Candidates with a commercially-led profile, but with experience of working in a relevant manufacturing business, will also be considered.
• You will have exceptional and hands-on leadership qualities that will enable you to lead and develop an autonomous business through your team. As such, you will have the desire to develop your career within a successful and growing organisation that can provide you with the opportunity to grow your responsibility through your performance.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?