Due to internal progression, Perkins Engines are now recruiting a new Global Sales Director to be based in Peterborough and lead the Sales & Marketing team within the Industrial Power Systems Division. This is a strategic role focusing on the development of Global Macro Markets and OEM customers and dealers.
The role will:
• Lead a team of senior managers and further account managers, technical sales engineers and business development managers
• Drive further market share within the existing client pool across the construction, agricultural, materials handling and power segments; whilst also breaking into other large OEMs where the Caterpillar/Perkins relationship is less established
• Direct Customer sales, dealer development and the administration of dealer programs, warranty, prime product sales, parts sales and service training
• Integrate diverse functions to develop strategic initiatives. Decisions you make will be multi-faceted and have an impact beyond the division
• Manage a significant budget and have responsibility for the long term strategic plan
• Interact and build relationships with business leaders within OEMs, industry and dealer associations
• Handle complex commercial issues and use your knowledge and experience to develop customer/dealer markets.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level and be experienced in directly applicable international markets. You will have:
• External direct customer sales experience and a thorough knowledge of products and product applications, merchandising programs, and/or warranty practices and procedures
• Understanding of dealer operations in a global setting
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to drive, develop and manage your team to greater heights.
The role is based in Peterborough with extensive international travel. There is an excellent base salary and comprehensive benefits package on offer. Relocation support will be considered for the right candidate.
If you have any queries or would like more information please contact:
David Thomas at Berwick Partners firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?