To deliver its strategic goals the business now needs to source its first external Managing Director/General Manager to work with the existing leadership team to help modernise and improve the current operation and then plan and shape its future growth. This is therefore a critical hire and a unique opportunity for the successful candidate; a chance to become part of a regional success story and help shape the future aspirations of this business.
• The culture and value set of both the organisation’s employees and the communities it serves are very specific, and the role requires an individual that can bring both the required track record and expertise.
• Plus who also has the right attitude, leadership style and instinctive intuition to manage and inspire a long serving workforce and a demanding and unique customer base.
• The opportunity for the right candidate is to join a culture that truly feels like a highly professional, successful family. Where colleagues have worked together over time to build a successful respected local brand, shaping and leading this business through exciting change, and being accountable for delivering on the ambitious future growth aspirations.
• The successful candidate will be an expert retail professional with a proven track record delivering results, growth and transformational change in this sector. You will have worked in a variety of retail businesses and have a strong understanding of the end to end customer journey and the processes and infrastructure that deliver excellence to the consumer.
• A strong understanding of complex product ranges is preferred and the proven ability to drive efficiencies and improvements through change management. It is essential that you have strategic perspective but that this is combined with excellent operational skills as this role requires a Managing Director/General Manager who will lead by example, work closely with all the head office and store teams, winning the commitment and trust of the workforce through this collaborative approach.
• Influencing through coaching and engagement will be critical to success here and you will need to demonstrate both the vision to build the business but also realism about how this will be achieved.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?