Set up under trust with offices on Threadneedle Street in London and in the iconic Liver Building in Liverpool, we are responsible for the management and administration of the pension scheme and its investments.
Our pension and investment arms act solely in the interests of our beneficiaries from the higher education sector and these values underpin all our decisions and actions. The relationship we have with our members and the employers is at the heart of what we do every day.
We recently delivered one of the biggest pension transformation programmes ever contemplated in the industry, as part of our mission to be the pension service of choice for the HE sector, for the long term.
One of our key measures of success is the continued confidence of our members and participating institutions in our delivery - the expertise and commitment of our people is critical to this aim.
As part of our ongoing transformation, we are appointing a Head of Strategy and Planning in our Finance team. This newly created role will work with the Executive to develop the strategic planning capability across the Group, including both the pensions and investments businesses.
• Work with Group CFO and Deputy CFO to lead the development of USS strategic thinking, decision making and strategy development.
• Manage the Group strategic planning process, including the preparation, review, approval, and implementation of an annual three year plan.
• Ensure the Strategic Planning Process is open, transparent and inclusive, underpinned by a value for money approach. Facilitating stakeholder involvement in the strategic planning process, including the Executive and the wider business.
• An individual with deep understanding of, and a track record of working within, investment management, either in-house or through consultancy.
• An experienced strategic leader, capable of formulating, implementing and developing a robust strategic planning process. A candidate whose high levels of intellectual capability allow them to assimilate relevant macro and micro information, competing objectives and priorities and dissect these to identify the correct strategic plan.
• An individual whose IQ is matched with their EQ. Who has the communication and influencing skills to work effectively with a range of stakeholders, including the Executive in two diverse businesses.
Berwick Partners have been retained by USS and all applications should be directed to Amy.email@example.com / 0161 498 3423.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?