As a member of the Russell Group of universities, the University of Leeds is one of the UK’s top ten research led institutions and was awarded University of the Year for 2017 by The Times and Sunday Times’ Good University Guide. Leeds is recognised as one of the largest, most prestigious and diverse universities in the country, with more than 31,000 students and 7,500 staff.
The Research IT team will deliver high quality bespoke technology services to the entire breadth of our diverse research community. The Head of Research IT will be an exceptional, senior technology professional able to operate in research intensive environments.
• Operate as a senior leader within the University as a whole, and as a bridge to the research community in particular, fostering positive relationships with key research stakeholders. Stimulate shape and manage the demand for innovative Research IT services.
• Create a high-performing Research IT offering, with an easily identifiable engagement process and cogent catalogue of services. The Head of Research IT will look to break new ground creating compelling IT offering which generates demand right across the research community.
• Provide strong functional leadership to the Research IT teams, fostering a single team ethic, driving clarity of role responsibilities and be an example of best practice in contemporary research information technology provision.
• With significant exposure to research driven industries, you will have demonstrable experience of understanding the needs of research intensive organisations and shaping high performing technology functions to meet them.
• Politically savvy and an outstanding communicator, with the ability to proactively build relationships with a wide range of senior stakeholders including those active in research, across the wider university and with industry partners.
• As an excellent people leader, you will swiftly form cohesive teams, enthuse and galvanise a newly formed function and create a shared vision of the future for Research IT.
Please note, the closing date for applications is Sunday 5th November.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?