We are very proud of our long-standing reputation for excellence and for providing care and treatment of the highest quality. The Retreat believes that successful therapeutic relationships are based on respect, dignity and tolerance and ensures the voice of the people who use its services along with their friends, families and carers are given every opportunity to be heard.
We are now looking for an established Director of Operations to be a key member of the leadership Team to take us on the next phase of our development journey. This is an exciting opportunity for a leader to truly influence change and improve the care of partners and our services at The Retreat York.
• Accountable to the CEO, the Director of Operations is responsible for the overall day to day operation of the hospital and has line management responsibilities for all of the clinical inpatient areas at The Retreat York.
• Responsible for performance, quality of service, management of risk and financial performance in conjunction with other Directors you will be expected to provide strong, effective, visible and credible leadership and management.
• The Director of Operations will actively contribute to The Retreat York’s strategic planning and implementation of that strategy while ensuring that the services have a robust and effective operational service.
• As Director of Operations you are the Registered Manager of the Retreat York; you will drive forward change initiatives to ensure the hospital meets all CQC standards, ensuring all services such as portering, security, maintenance and facilities meet all required standards.
• Ensure that staff development and training needs are met, the appropriate number and skill mix of nursing and other inpatient clinical staff is in place and introduce a pattern of regular service review improvement and development to ensure standardisation across services and best practice.
• Ensure the CEO, Trustees and Leadership Team are kept up to date and informed with all key issues, maintain a positive relationship with all internal and external stakeholders and ensure that The Retreat York complies with its duties under the Mental Health Act and other legislation pertaining to mental health.
• Extensive experience of working in the Mental Health sector with up to date knowledge of operational and clinical services through a solid track record of senior management roles in operational delivery and accountability.
• Provide strong, visible, credible leadership and management across all the inpatient service units and other services within the job remit including performance management.
• An inspirational leader and ambassador for the organisation, with the ability to lead, manage and motivate teams, create a positive collaborative culture driven to deliver exceptional results through consistent improvement.
• Excellent communication, visible leadership and interpersonal skills, enabling collective leadership for taking teams through significant programmes of change.
• An influencer who can challenge the services to improve standards and work with pace and has the tenacity and emotional intelligence to manage challenging targets in a complex organisation.
• Demonstrable knowledge of Mental Health, national infrastructures, policies and best practice.
• A passionate influencer who will support the delivery of high standard, safe, qualitative patient care, who can be a catalyst for change and demonstrate an aptitude for clinical strategy and governance.
• A confident and self-motivated individual who can display our values with the motivation and genuine interest and concern for the quality and appropriateness of patient services.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Helen Childs on 0207 529 1093.
Closing date for applications: Friday 29th September 2017
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?