A privately-owned manufacturer of high quality consumer durables, our client is a successful and highly-profitable group. It has annual sales of over £100m, and 1,000 employees based across its production sites. A strong manufacturing pedigree, and a portfolio of iconic product brands, has enabled the organisation to develop a market-leading position. The business is now seeking to appoint a highly capable Manufacturing Director to lead its production operation in Cumbria.
• Reporting to the Group Board you will have prime operational responsibility for a unionised site to cost effectively achieve production requirements in line with sales demand, whilst at the same time seeking to continuously improve all manufacturing activities on the site.
• Lead, develop and strengthen the existing management team, and create an effective succession planning strategy in the process, and introduce new ways of working to a site that is very traditional in its outlook and culture.
• Through your hands-on approach, you will play an active role in increasing the flexibility of the site to create a more modern and responsive manufacturing facility - whilst maintaining and developing its quality output.
• Graduate calibre, ideally with a business or technical degree, you will be an experienced manufacturing leader with a comprehensive understanding of manufacturing processes. With experience of a labour intensive manufacturing environment you will thrive on the pursuit of best in class customer service and operational excellence.
• You will have the maturity and character to lead and develop an experienced management team, and to introduce new ways of working to a site that is very traditional in its outlook and culture. As such, you will be a strong communicator and a skilled negotiator.
• Experience of leading an SME-sized and unionised operation, you will be comfortable in an industry that is neither highly regulated or process driven. Numerate, you will have the financial competence to manage and control your site’s budget.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?