As a member of the senior DTS leadership team the Strategic IT Programmes Director will own, shape and lead the delivery of key IT programmes across the organisation. The role will also create pragmatic governance structures and implement a coherent, consistent approach to IT projects and programme management. The ultimate aim of this role is to build a track record of delivery success from DTS and a reputation for repeated, high-quality outcomes.
• As part of the Senior DTS leadership team you will be responsible for developing and leading the successful delivery of a multi-million pound portfolio of highly visible IT programmes and projects. This role will be a critical contributor to the wider change and transformation agenda across the University. Success will be a dramatic uptick in the quality, and volume, of IT projects delivered and a demonstrable advancement of the University’s strategic goals.
• Ensure optimum business stakeholder engagement and buy-in from programme sponsors. Build relationships, consensus and credibility across the leadership team. Achieve ‘trusted partner’ status founded on a track record of reliable delivery. Your success will play a key role in the creation of demand for future digital technology services.
• Lead the proactive management of both internal and external project resources in the successful delivery of IT programmes and projects. Build a high-performing, matrix-managed programmes and project delivery capability in both DTS and business streams. This team will be capable of engaging with and meeting the demands of an exceptionally diverse organisation. The Strategic IT Programmes Director will also introduce contemporary, best-practice in IT programmes and project management aligning investments through the delivery of pragmatic governance structures.
• With a proven pedigree working across the full IT programme delivery lifecycle, you will be accustomed to supporting and enabling strategic and complex programmes of IT enabled business change at scale.
• Commercially savvy and highly business facing, you will have the gravitas and intellectual horsepower to be credible at the senior level. These qualities will be coupled with the emotional intelligence and relationship building skills to influence and build consensus across an extremely complex stakeholder landscape. You will be a proven advocate for change, and have driven new levels of performance across an organisation.
• Energetic and outcome focused you will be an inspiring engaging IT programmes leader. You will have a demonstrable track record of working across boundaries and creating the kind of shared vision for successful programme outcomes which will enthuse our diverse delivery teams.
Please apply in confidence, with full career and current salary details.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?