With its unique design expertise and manufacturing processes, Bladon Jets is now primed for volume production. The technology has multiple further applications and its potential is underlined by the strength of its board and financial backing. This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining the business and a Head of Manufacturing is now being sought.
Reporting to the COO, this is a newly created role and will be responsible for the set-up and delivery of lean assembly operations. This is a true precision engineering environment that will require best in class single piece flow manufacture, designed and driven in line with modern lean methodology.
Key Accountabilities will be to:
• Formulate & implement the operations strategy.
• Ensure safe and efficient operation of the facility.
• Set and review operational budgets and objectives.
• Establish manufacturing KPIs and ensure visibility throughout the business.
• Lead the development and growth of the operations team, strengthening it through individual development and selective recruitment.
• Ensure operational risks are understood and fully mitigated.
• Research new technologies and alternative methods of production, developing improvement strategies to drive productivity, competitive advantage and increased profitability.
• Establish availability and service level requirements for all product lines to maintain on time delivery.
• Ensure the operations organisation runs efficiently and sustainably providing quality products that meet the needs of the customer.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience managing a medium to high volume manufacturing operation and be able to demonstrate passion to make their business best in class. You will possess expertise in modern manufacturing management and operational excellence, with the ability to adapt knowledge to fit the environment.
Your industry background is likely to include a depth of understanding of electro-mechanical assembly and testing processes and significant people responsibility. A Degree qualification is preferred and will be allied to detailed knowledge of setting up JIT manufacturing operations; and transitioning products from concept to volume production.
Personal attributes will include:
• Strong leadership credentials, including exceptional communication skills and customer focus.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and demanding environment with multiple on-going tasks.
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with sound judgement.
• A self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision and direction.
• Motivation to drive change with the flexibility to operate both strategically and tactically.
The UK facility will act as a blueprint for further international expansion and provide the right individual with a fantastic opportunity to make their mark.
The position is based in Coventry and offers an excellent base salary, with a comprehensive benefits package including car allowance, bonus, healthcare and pension.
Interested candidates should contact David Thomas at Berwick Partners firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 0121 654 5920.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?