With its unique design expertise and manufacturing processes, Bladon Jets is now primed for volume production. The technology has multiple further applications and its potential is underlined by the strength of its board and financial backing. This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining the business and a Head of Supply Chain is now being sought.
Reporting to the COO, this is a newly created role and will be responsible for establishing, embedding and then leading a robust global supply chain operation to support the growth plans of the business. The role will embed policies, processes and procedures to underpin the function, but also lead commercial negotiations with new and existing suppliers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of end to end supply chain, from component supply through to customer delivery (ex-works) of a complex electro-mechanical product.
Main responsibilities include:
• Leadership and development of a small team.
• Taking a lead role in the implementation of a new ERP system.
• Driving and embedding a fully functioning end to end supply chain, identifying the necessary improvements in both people and processes to ensure robust, lean capability for a fast growing business.
• Control of all sourcing and sub-contract spend, supplier selection, assessment, negotiation and approval.
• Management of international and domestic procurement and subcontracts, supporting the manufacturing operation to meet product cost targets, inventory levels and delivery lead times.
• Defining the right metrics to ensure accurate reporting of supply chain activity and delivery to target.
• Ensuring the supply chain is fit for purpose in line with NPD/NPI activity.
• Management of inventory, and control of all inbound/outbound logistics.
The role will naturally align itself to an experienced and capable procurement and supply chain leader with a background in the automotive or industrial engineering sectors; coupled with experience of supporting NPD/NPI activity. Ideally you will have had some international experience and be Degree educated.
You will have a background in creating and/or transforming a supply chain function and be a catalyst for change within the business. The role is designed to drive the supply chain function to a best practice operation, requiring an individual who can strike the correct balance between strategic and tactical requirements. Personal attributes will include:
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability engage at all levels both internally and
• The gravitas and credibility to lead the function to a ‘Best in Class’ operation.
• Commercial aptitude coupled with a strong and confident negotiation style.
The position is based in Coventry and offers an excellent base salary, with a comprehensive benefits package including car allowance, bonus, healthcare and pension.
Interested candidates should contact David Thomas at Berwick Partners firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 654 5920.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?