BP delivers energy products and services that people around the world need. Within its Downstream segment, the Formulated Products Technology (FPT) organisation supports the company’s global fuels and lubricants business by providing the technical expertise to enable it to produce innovative products and processes for their markets.
As part of its succession planning for its global Technology leadership teams, they are looking to recruit talented and experienced scientists and engineers from relevant technology organisations, who have the desire and potential to progress to senior technical or leadership roles within a global technology group such as BP.
FPT is a global technology business, with regional head offices based in Pangbourne, Shanghai and Chicago. Its development programme is a three-year fast-track process, which develops highly competent technologists and technology first-level leaders, into experts in the fuels and lubricants sector.
• Your role will be to provide expertise, advice, guidance and coaching in a technical field of importance to BP’s Formulated Products Technology organisation and its associated businesses.
• You will assist senior members of the FPT leadership teams in developing and executing the technology strategy, and identifying future opportunities and problems that may arise through the evolution of the automotive sector. You will manage and deliver specific projects in line with planned timelines and budgets.
• Projects are focused on fuels, lubricants and automotive hardware in order to deliver strategic understanding, embryonic product concepts, product developments and intellectual property for the fuels and lubricants businesses, and to translate these technical outputs into customer friendly, compelling and understandable concepts, demonstrations and language.
• This represents an outstanding opportunity to develop your career in a world-leading technology organisation, which offers both long-term development opportunities throughout the world, and a highly rewarding and supportive working environment.
• You will be educated to Degree or PhD level in Science or Engineering, and will have a proven technical capability in researching and developing products .
• Through your career to-date you can demonstrate a relevant technical experience, and a track-record of providing significant technical input and direction to high visibility projects, as well as delivering insights, to a technology business.
• With an engaging and influencing personality, you will be curious about industries outside of your own specialism, with the ability to think strategically and learn quickly. You will be comfortable in a multi-disciplinary team with marketers, supply chain and non-technical functions.
• Candidates will be experienced and highly regarded in technology organisations from a range of markets: speciality chemicals, polymers or additives; related formulation-based technology sectors such as personal care, household care, pharmaceutical and health care organisations.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?