LAMDA has recently completed an ambitious £28.2m capital appeal to create world-class training and performance facilities at its campus in Hammersmith. The success of the Act Now! campaign has created a step change in the Academy’s fundraising capabilities and ambitions, significantly expanding the donor base of the Academy, embedding philanthropy at the heart of the organisation and providing a launch pad for future fundraising that will support the Academy’s position as a world leading conservatoire and awarding body.
The new Director of Development and Alumni Relations will build upon the success of Act Now! leading and delivering the next major gift campaign to ensure the long term sustainability and success of LAMDA as the world’s leading centre for drama training, with a focus on student support, capital projects, international and projects funding.
• To lead the development and implementation of short and long term strategies for LAMDA’s fundraising initiatives both in the UK and US working closely with the Principal and Chairman.
• To scope, plan and lead the implementation of any future fundraising campaign to renovate LAMDA’s east wing, establishing and supporting a development committee.
• To ensure the ongoing and effective stewardship and engagement of LAMDA’s major donors supporters from the Act Now! and future campaigns.
• Working as part of the senior management team contributing to the successful delivery of LAMDA’s strategic objectives.
• To manage, motivate, develop and shape the development and alumni relations department.
• An experienced and confident fundraiser with demonstrable experience of implementing and delivering a successful major fundraising strategy for an organisation, preferably in the performing arts or higher education environment.
• A proven track record of fundraising at a senior level with demonstrable experience of securing major gifts from individuals, trusts and foundations and corporates.
• A leader with gravitas and the credibility to work with a wide range of senior stakeholders both internal and external.
• A first class relationship builder with excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proven track record of developing a high performing fundraising function.
Closing date for applications until 31st July 2017
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?