A forward-thinking manufacturer of elevator light detectors, LCD displays and emergency telephones, Avire has a significant ambition to continue its journey in developing pioneering products, providing the most effective solutions to its clients. The business has manufacturing sites in UK, China, Singapore and Czech Republic and sales operating in 11 countries, employing c400 staff.
A key component in delivering this strategy sits with the Technical Director, who will be accountable for all engineering and product development, driving world class R&D and innovation. This is a board level position.
If you have an Electronics Engineering background in technology led manufacturing, have the intellect to manage complex technical solutions, and are passionate about product development, R&D and innovation, we want to hear from you.
* Grow the team to develop new products; embed inventive thinking throughout the team
* Ensure new product roadmap is delivered on time and to cost
* Challenge the way products are developed, encouraging experimentation, MVP and rapid prototyping, to speed up time to market
* Work with marketing and sales to create innovative and highly profitable product development
* Develop relationships with outsourced partners, suppliers, other Halma companies, universities and elevator associations to deliver best in class solutions for customers
* Enhance product release process
* Have lead, coached and developed cross functional (electronics, embedded firmware, software and mechanical) engineering teams, ideally in an international setting; must have managed teams of 10 plus
* Proactive and results driven
* Gravitas and influence; an exceptional communicator and relationship building skills at all levels, both internally and externally
* Passionate about new technologies; inspirational technical leadership
* A good sense of humour
* Set high standards for yourself and others, in pursuit of excellence
* Turn complex problems into simple issues
* Ability to travel 25% of the time; national and international
* Domain experience: Elevator domain experience is not necessary; electronic engineering is pivotal however. Cellular and phone technology experience is an advantage.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?