Our vision is to be the trusted property services adviser of choice to public sector clients across London and the South East. We understand our clients’ needs and objectives and our work supports the delivery of social and financial value. We do this by delivering excellent standards of service, in a commercially aware but ethical manner.
As a key member of the Extended Leadership Team you will report to the Chief Property Officer (CPO) and be responsible for Investment Strategy, Investment Projects, Development Surveying, Disposals and Planning and Section 106 activities and outcomes.
Could we count on you for this role?
• Senior level experience of working in the area of commercial property and/or investment portfolio management.
• Experience of working with public sector mixed use estate and delivering revenue and capital savings from property
• Supervising and managing staff to high level of performance.
• In addition, you will support the CPO, COO and the CEO in aspects of their responsibilities including:
• Execution of the Company Strategy as set by the Executive Team, the day to day operation of the business and delivery of the company Business Plan including its growth targets.
• Direct responsibility in the business unit for Health & Safety and compliance, service delivery and improvement, recruitment, management and development of staff, profit and loss and identification/winning/mobilisation of new business.
• Lead on the acquisition and achievement of professional accreditation and memberships for disciplines appropriate to the business unit – e.g RICS, CIFM, APM, ISO.
Is this of interest to you?
• RICS Chartered Surveyor.
• Optimise the commercial return for Clients’ investment portfolios. Develop Investment Portfolio Strategies to support this objective and own the Business Cases for individual investment deals and projects.
• Work with partners to identify and present recommendations for the innovative and commercial attractive investment projects, based upon wider best practice and new delivery models from the wider property sector.
• Identify and deliver work streams to support a balanced budget on the existing asset base as specified in the KCC/Gen² Contract and Medium Plan Financial Plan Savings targets.
• Support the Head of Estates with the Asset Strategy for Clients’ assets – including Estates Management Strategy and Plans and also the delivery of programmes of work to support these.
• Work with colleagues and suppliers to lead a whole life cycle approach to the management of assets in order to maximise asset performance and achieve best value. Specifically, provide supporting information relating to holding costs and market values for the development of disposals of assets.
• Manage the Disposals and Investment teams and lead on the delivery of disposals and investment programme and projects.
• Lead on the establishment and continuous improvement of existing plans, processes and governance to identify and deliver the investment pipeline.
Is this you?
• Prefer team work to working alone.
• At ease in the presence of company directors, senior client representatives and able to command a sense of personal professional gravitas without being overbearing.
• Concerned for developing others professionally and growing talent from within the business.
• Have a corporate approach to managing her/his areas of responsibility, seeing the bigger picture, supporting fellow executives and board members in meeting their objectives.
• Able to work under pressure, organise and prioritise own work and that of others, ensuring agreed programmes and project requirements are met and customer demands accommodated.
For further information please speak in confidence to our retained consultants at Berwick Partners; Marek Dobrowolski on 0121 654 5912 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruth Hernandez Turner on 0121 654 5936 or email@example.com
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?