The EIT Food is headquartered in Belgium and is structured around five Co-Location Centres (CLCS). One of the CLCs is the North West (NW) region comprising of partners in the UK, Ireland and Iceland.
The Director of this region will report to the Board of the NW CLC and the CEO of EIT Food.
This is a broad Director role operating within a fluid and entrepreneurial environment. It is a rare opportunity to build and grow a business that will have a major impact on the future of the European food industry and be at the forefront of progression. If the industry is to have a sustainable future then greater collaboration across business, academia and research is essential and EIT Food will play a critical role in making this happen. The Director therefore must have the desire to build a sustainable, forward-thinking, trusted and competitive industry for future generations.
• Provide inspirational leadership to the region and set the strategy and overall business plan to develop and grow the organisation from implementation and beyond.
• Work closely with existing partners but also potential partners to secure new members. Be the central point of contact for all CLC partners, central EIT colleagues and external stakeholders.
• Secure local and regional funding and investment to support the development of a vibrant innovation ecosystem within the NW CLC. Focussed on becoming a sustainable and independent business within five to seven years.
• Coordinate with respective colleagues across the other CLC's and at EIT Food level to define, create and grow maximum synergies and opportunities for collaboration and for activity portfolio development, as well as to support the joint reporting and monitoring of activities, required to fulfil EIT Food objectives.
Skills and Experience
• Experience in development and implementation of innovation / business strategies, working in interaction with industry, universities and research institutes. Experience in food-related areas preferred.
• Strong capacity for building alliances between industry, public sector, research, education and other stakeholders. Able to influence in one to one, committee and large group forums.
• Proven ability to create and develop a start-up business or new business unit within a larger organisation. Strong experience in strategic planning and execution and excellent leadership ability.
• Strong commercial acumen with experience in budget management and raising funds.
• Personable and compelling, entrepreneurial and ambitious with high levels of motivation and energy. Adaptable and able to spot opportunities and make things happen.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?