Aggregate Industries (AI) is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group, one of the world’s leading building materials producers. Headquartered in Markfield in Leicestershire, and led by its CEO, François Pétry, AI generates an annual turnover of c. £1.5bn, and employs c. 4,300 people in the UK. Financially successful, the business contributes the greatest margin of the European countries within the Group.
The business has been built and developed from many acquisitions and mergers over the years, and now produces and supplies products and services encompassing cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt, pre-cast concrete as well as contracting/surfacing for applications in the power and energy, rail, housing, highways, aviation, education and garden sectors.
Aggregate Industries is seeking an experienced and highly capable individual for the role of Strategy & Project Analyst, Executive Assistant to the CEO.
• You will support the CEO and Executive Committee on a wide range of tasks, including strategic projects and strategy documentation. This will include the preparation of strategic reports, market analysis and assessment, and presentations. Additionally, you will identify, analyse and accurately interpret relevant information, précis internal and external written reports, and industry statistics to distil key themes, trends and opportunities.
• Look at diverse scenario planning analyses and provide headline recommendations, whilst offering unique perspectives and innovative solutions to the Executive Committee and their senior teams. Participate in, and contribute to, the current company-wide technology transformation programme, and the deployment of key IT infrastructure solutions.
• Develop relationships with and positively influence the senior team in reference to sponsored strategic projects, and ensure you have effective communication with key support functions, such as finance, for ongoing data gathering. Execute multiple challenging business projects in a fluid environment. Success in this role will enable progression within the Group – both in the UK and internationally – encompassing strategic, operational, or related business management roles.
• A graduate, ideally with an MBA or further Masters qualification, you will have at least five years’ experience within a leading Management / Strategic Consultancy firm. Additional experience as a Business / Project Analyst within Industry would be highly advantageous, but not essential.
• A strategy professional, you will have exceptional analytical ability, and an understanding of how to translate complex market data and information into clear and concise assessments and recommendations.
• You will possess the self-confidence and communication skills to enable you to present to and influence stakeholders at the highest level. Additionally, you will be highly IT literate, numerate, with strong organisational and business writing skills.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?