A leading global speciality chemicals manufacturer, this group provides technology-based solutions to blue-chip customers throughout the world with market-leading status in several different industry sectors. Acquisitive and growing, they are a highly successful sales-led organisation.
With several plants around the world, the group possesses a top-tier COMAH site in North West England, which develops, manufactures, blends, and supplies a range of speciality chemicals. Set across a large and complex estate with multiple plants and tenants, this site is a key contributor to the organisation’s group strategy and is a valuable source of new technologies for its product portfolio.
• The Site Director will be responsible for developing and implementing the manufacturing strategy for their site, ensuring it meets its operational KPIs for safety, volumes, costs and efficiency.
• A key requirement will be the need to develop a flexible and responsive site that is business-led and able to respond to the needs of its customers, whilst continuing to develop new technologies.
• Driving a philosophy of Continuous Improvement, the role will be responsible for implementing a proactive and strategic approach to operations and maintenance across all its plants. The appointee will be joining a successful and ambitious organisation that is investing in its production assets to enable the business to continue to grow.
• You will be a proven manufacturing leader from the speciality chemicals sector, where you will have been responsible for production across a large / multi-plant operation. This will have been gained in a business where manufacturing excellence and effective maintenance are part and parcel of the company’s culture, and where health & safety performance is a key business priority.
• You will ideally have the combined experience of a large process-driven environment, coupled with that of a smaller and more agile company, and will include knowledge of a batch or toll manufacturing business.
• Likely to be educated to degree-level in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering, you will have developed a rigorous and structured approach to manufacturing leadership, together with a sound commercial and costing ability - with an understanding of the importance of having a flexible and responsive operation that serves a wider business.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?