University College London has over 40,000 students and staff and is one of the world’s leading universities. This mission critical role will form part of the senior IT services leadership team. The successful candidate will have end to end ownership for services to our core business systems plus the strategic evolution of our applications landscape with the aim of providing a sector- leading customer experience.
Our Business Services team leads the organisation wide delivery of critical, core business systems (Finance, Payroll, HR, Student Information Systems etc.) applications support and maintenance. We are seeking a rounded, senior leader with a background of delivering excellence in IT applications management and a strong track record in customer focused delivery, to mould this newly formed central team and set the future direction of travel.
A senior member of the IT Service Delivery leadership team, this role will lead and motivate our highly visible teams of specialist IT application support professionals, plus our dedicated 3rd party supplier management function. The post-holder will be expected to introduce contemporary, working practices and also set the application strategy to rationalise our complex suite of applications. Ultimately the role is expected to deliver greatly improved levels of customer support to colleagues.
• This role is accountable for all customer facing support, maintenance and the commercial management of our critical business systems and applications (Oracle e-business suite). You will aim to deliver a step change in the quality of customer experience we provide and the efficiency of the way the Business Services teams operate.
• You will drive applications/business alignment by devising a coherent application simplification and rationalisation strategy. The post-holder will then deliver a programme of consolidation and systems integration to create value and manage risk.
• Introduce contemporary IT industry approaches such as ITIL; sensitively manage change whilst instilling best practice across all the Business Services teams. Provide assurance, structure and reporting confidence to the organisation, whilst developing genuine partnerships with senior business stakeholders.
• A proven track record of excellence in large-scale, business-critical IT applications delivery leadership. Robust applications consolidation and end of life management experience is highly desirable. Candidates must be able to demonstrate sound commercial understanding and a considered view of the wider technology & business systems landscape.
• Will be an adept relationship builder with excellent engagement skills, gravitas and a strategic approach. You will have the ability to effectively engage with senior stakeholders and external partners to align application delivery and the University’s goals.
• Energetic, focussed and delivery oriented, you will be an enthusiastic and credible leader with experience of implementing culture change. You will inspire your multi-disciplinary teams towards reliable repeatable delivery in an evolving and demanding technology environment.
For a more detailed discussion please contact Alex Richardson at our retained search consultants Berwick Partners on 0161 498 3409 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications will be 15/04/2018.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?