Warburtons, ‘Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand’, has been baking bread for the UK since 1876. Today, it is proudly a fifth generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 14 depots, producing a range of over 70 products, including gluten and wheat free for people with intolerances. Currently employing over 4,500 employees throughout the UK, it is recognised as a ‘Times Top 25 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
Warburtons is striving to become ‘Britain’s Best Food Business’. To ensure this success, Warburtons require the UK’s best leadership team and that requires the appointment of a talented, strategically focussed Finance Director.
As Director of Finance, this role will have full responsibility for the financial leadership of the core Warburtons business, will be a trusted advisor to the Management Board and deputise for the Group CFO.
• Provide sound strategic and commercial advice to the Warburtons leadership team, ensuring the ongoing and long term success of the Group and delivery of the strategic change programme.
• Lead, develop and motivate the finance team, driving first class business partnering behaviours and promoting the Warburtons cultural values throughout the Group.
• Maintain the financial health of the core Warburtons business through appropriate financial controls, reporting and robust financial planning, whilst providing insightful business intelligence to aid effective decision making.
• We are looking for a talented Finance Leader who has the potential to become a Warburtons Management Board member. Applicants will have excelled within leading FMCG or retail businesses both in commercial and operational finance, underpinned by a strong understanding of financial control.
• We are looking for a proven people leader who can drive the continual evolution of a large finance function and inspire current and future talent. They will be seen as a leader in the wider business, able to engage with those on the bakery floor, through to those at Board table.
• An ambassador who will credibly represent Warburtons with external stakeholders. They will operate with integrity, positivity and sound judgement and uphold the cultural values of Warburtons.
For further details please contact Amy Parkinson at: email@example.com
Please note Berwick Partners (an Odgers Berndtson Company) have been retained exclusively on this assignment and all CV’s sent directly or via an agent will be redirected to Berwick Partners.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?