Over the last 12 months, the UK business has invested heavily in new award-winning technology, as well as having rebuilt their internal infrastructure and processes. They now have a strong foundation to capitalise on the huge opportunities in the UK market, with both existing and new customers and therefore require an appointment of a new Managing Director to drive the next stage of growth. This is an exciting opportunity for a ‘hands-on’, sales led Managing Director/ Commercial Director to deliver the commercial strategy but to also have full operational oversight of the organisation and its c.60 employees.
• Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President of the US parent, you will be responsible for developing and delivering the strategic direction of the commercial and operational activity with full P&L responsibility.
• Setting the sales strategy and contributing to the further development and growth of the business by ensuring all commercial opportunities are being maximised - not only within the existing key accounts but also new channels.
• Provide leadership and inspiration to the team setting clear strategies and expectations for goals, performances and behaviours. Development of the team is essential, as is the rigour to review, maintain and improve existing systems and procedures.
• Proven commercial sales professional with experience in B2B/B2B2C sales management. Commercially successful and astute, demonstrating ability to manage and lead the development of sustainable profitable relationships.
• High level of integrity and self-awareness, open and engaging personality. Excellent communicator, able to work with and through others both within and beyond the organisation. Commands respect, has gravitas and comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial and autonomous environment.
• A clear strategic thinker with a ‘hands on’ approach to the management and engagement of people. Excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills at a senior level.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?