This newly created role will play a key role in supporting the business to make the most of their people’s energy and talent. Whilst operating in a generalist capacity, Talent Management and People Development lie at the heart of this role. With a headcount of c.2,000 employees (1,500 permanent / 600 temps) across Operations, Sales & Marketing, Engineering and Corporate Functions, you will be responsible for ensuring that talent is attracted, retained and developed to deliver great results. Key to this will be the requirement to forge strong working relationships with the business leaders to effectively manage the talent portfolio.
This is an ideal opportunity for a commercially minded and ambitious HR professional looking to further develop their potential. You may not be the finished article, but with the appetite to learn, coupled with strong coaching from the HR Director, you will be on the succession plan for the HR Director position within two years.
• Reporting to the HR Director, this role will be critical in contributing strategically and developing the People Plan
• Partner with the Business Leaders to grow diverse leadership, talent and technical capability within the organisation. Encourage the business to think and talk about succession planning and talent sharing
• Drive and implement business and cultural change programmes, collaborating with key stakeholders in order to facilitate change
• Support and coach Managers to become more agile in their approach and develop their strategic thinking, particularly with regards to change projects
• Educated to degree level with relevant post-graduate qualifications and membership of a recognised professional institute such as the CIPD
• Strong HR Generalist, you will be comfortable leading across all facets of HR, but with a People Development and Resourcing ‘edge’
• Cultural fit is crucial to this appointment; operating as a ‘critical friend’ and moral conscience to the Business Leaders, with the ability to manage the Senior Leadership Team effectively
• Self-motivated and ambitious, with the capability to further develop and step-up in the near future to a bigger/broader role
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?